01 February 2021
08 May 2021
14-18 June 2021
Announcement of results
15 June 2021
Chair of MTE 2021 Special Edition: Covid-19 International Innovation Awards Committee
Emeritus Professor Datuk Ir Dr Mohd Azraai Kassim
Universiti Teknologi Mara
Chief Jury of MTE 2021 Special Edition: COVID-19 International Innovation Awards Committee
Professor Dr. Wong Tin Wui
Non-Destructive Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Research Centre,
iPROMisE and Universiti Teknologi MARA
Entry Regulations and Guidelines
All entries must comply with the following:
- Entries must be submitted to the online awards submission system by 08 May 2021 – 23:59 (GMT+8). There will be no extensions granted under any circumstances.
- There are 17 Award Categories. Entries must be submitted into the category best described and most relevant to your innovation. If an incorrect category is selected, the Awards Committee reserves the right to disqualify the entry.
- As a guide, Innovation(s) entered for competition must be an innovation/idea/initiative that is/are directly related to the Response and Management of the COVID-19 Pandemic eg. Innovations for prevention, treatment and management of COVID-19 Innovations for mitigating and managing the impacts of COVID-19 eg. on the healthcare system, economy, businesses, livelihoods and communities. Innovations for transformation to adapt to a new normal.
We can help you to select the most relevant category for your entry/entries. Feel free to reach us at:
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Whatsapp : +6012.2315583 / +6012.3217345
- Entry fees must be made in full upon submission of entries using online banking transfer or via local cheque. Payment is non-refundable.
- Awards entry submissions, interviews and communications between participants and jurors (if any) will be in English.
- The Organiser restricts content which involves nudity, all forms of violence and exploitation, cruelty of animals etc. This restriction is due to the diversity in age and cultural backgrounds of our global audience. All content must be appropriate for a general audience. Any inappropriate content submitted by participants will be duly removed without notice to the participant.
- The submitted content can be expressed in words, image, sound or a combination of any, to enable efficient delivery of the critical messages to the judges. Each submission must include items (a) to (d) as explained below:
a) Synopsis of work/innovation (200 words – MS word document)
b) Minimum one video (HD 1080p, max 5 mins). A YouTube link is recommended.
c) Photo (minimum 1 – jpg format, max 2mb)
d) Detailed written description of the innovation (PDF – about 500 words)
- The online awards submission system allows participants to submit additional supporting documents such as powerpoint presentations and other documents.
- The Organisers reserves the right to the use of photos, videos, synopsis, and write-ups which participants have provided in the online awards submission system for the purpose of the promotion of MTE2021 Special Edition Virtual: Covid-19 International Innovation Awards and publicity of your innovation and participation.
- The same entry may be submitted into multiple product categories. If you wish to enter your innovation in more than one category, you will need to repeat the online submission process for every category that you choose. For example, if you are submitting one innovation for 3 different categories, you will be required to make 3 online submissions. An entry fee is applicable for each submission.
- Entries must meet ALL the following requirements BEFORE they are qualified for judging:
a) All required sections and fields of the online entry application form are completed.
b) All requirements of above item 7 are fulfilled.
c) Supported by full payment. Full payment must be made by 8 May 2021.
d) Incomplete and unpaid entries will be disqualified. The participant is solely responsible for ensuring that their submission is complete.
- The jury will evaluate entries submitted in the online submission system. Jurors may request for more information at any time to support validation which might include online interviews, emails or telephone calls.
- The jury’s decisions are final and no appeal will be entertained.
- Results will be announced on 15 June 2021 on MTE Special Edition 2021-Covid-19 International Innovation Award’s virtual platform.
- MTE Special Edition 2021-Covid-19 International Innovation Awards will take place virtually over 5 days. During this period, visitors will contact participants through our virtual platform via messaging app and email. After the event ends, all innovations will continue to be exhibited virtually for 2 weeks.
- Medals and certificates will be shipped to all winners.
- By participating in this Awards, each participant/exhibitor undertakes to guarantee that all information, documentation and media content submitted are original, accurate, and there is no violation or infringement of the intellectual property and copyright law. Participant(s) is/are solely responsible and liable for any violation or infringement of intellectual property rights or copyright laws. PROTEMP Exhibitions and Conferences Sdn. Bhd. and all stakeholders for this event assumes no liability for any form of IP or copyright infringement by participants.