Malaysian Association of Research Scientists (MARS)
The Malaysian Association of Research Scientists (MARS) was formed on 30th January 2008 and registered under the SOCIETIES ACT 1966 MALAYSIA. Its members are R&D scientists and technologists in the public service, corporate research institutes, universities, institutes of higher learning, and private business sectors.
The objectives of the association are as the following:
- To promote the advancement of research and development in science and technology.
- To promote among members professional communication through technical publications and scientific meetings.
- To represent the interests of research and development scientists and technologists through dialogue with other government bodies and to assist the government in providing advice on matters regarding research and development.
- To represent the interests of the senior officers’ associations in public research and development institution.
- To boost members’ professional competence. To encourage education and training at all levels in the fields of science and technology.
- To maintain close liaison with other professionals from scientific and technology-based organizations.
- To promote networking through social, recreational and sports activities.
MARS has been organizing invention and innovation competitions and expositions since the year 2001 in addition to organizing Malaysian inventors’ participation in the International Exhibition of Inventions, New Techniques and Products in Geneva, Seoul International Invention Fair in Seoul, Korea, and International Invention Fair of the Middle East in Kuwait. MARS will continue to serve and lend its assistance to the Malaysian inventors in promoting Malaysia through excellence in science and technology.